Washington My Washington

We made it to Washington!!


Ahhh, back in Washington! We made it! Things have been busy for us, between getting our UHAUL unpacked, settling into Nanny and Papa's place, and getting the kids into school.

We made it into North Bend late Saturday night (15th) and had the UHAUL unpacked by Sunday mid-morning. We had a tremendous amount of help (thank you Uncle Walt, Kyle, Dad, and Clayton) getting our stuff in the storage unit. We limited the amount of toys and such that we kept out which seems to be working well. I do miss having our swing for Reid but I have to remind myself that he already exceeds the weight limit so it's not like we can really use it for him anymore!

Payton started school last week and is adjusting well to her new school. She is getting along with her classmates and really likes her new teacher. She was placed with a really great teacher so we are pleased to have her at Snoqualmie Elementary. She goes on her first field trip on in December to the Children's Theatre in Seattle. I remember similar trips as a child so it's really neat to have our children home and experiencing the same places we did as kids!

We decided to get Shae into school as well. He goes to a local Montessori school 2 mornings a week for preschool. He loves it and we love that he is getting time with other children. He is such a social kid and loves to learn so we are happy with the fit. We hope to get him going to full days once we land jobs.

I have a bunch of pictures from our last days in Boise and pictures of what we have been up to the last week and a half, but I am having a hard time uploading it all to my blog. I spent forever and a day uploading them the other evening and then the site froze up on me so I'm a bit frustrated with it. I have some great pictures to share with all of you but no patience to try it again! I will get going on that later this week!

Great news----our house in Boise has been sold!! YAY!!!!!! The Lord is so good to us---thank you for your prayers. He has blessed us once again, we sing His praise!! We have accepted the offer so the ball is rolling and we will close mid-January. We are so grateful that our home sold and that it sold as quick as it did so that we will be able to buy a home here in WA when the time is right. Thank you Jeff and Ashley for your help in getting our house cleaned up and ready!! You are the best of friends!

We are still in the search for employment. Travis is working hard and making some head way in his field of work. I am still wondering what it is I want to do so I am going to do some homework about a variety of industries and fields in which I can find my calling. Please keep us in your prayers. We know the Lord is guiding us and will bless us with the right employment.

Reid fell ill this weekend, so if you can also keep him in your prayers that he will be able to work through the cold and intense congestion he is dealing with right now. He is still active and happy during the day but is struggling with some head and chest congestion. We thank the Lord we have health insurance at the moment in case he does need to see a doctor soon.

That's all for now!! I will work on uploading pictures later on. Take care one and all. For those in WA that we have not seen yet, we can't wait to catch up with all of you!!! For those who are now far from us in beautiful Boise, there isn't a day that goes by that we don't think about you and miss you dearly!

Love and blessing to all of you and your families! Happy Thanksgiving. We thank God for each and every one of you!

1 comments:

Ahrens Family said...

HI Jayna! So glad to hear you are back in washington! And right on the way to snoho from spokane :) I will call you (or email) next time i am on my way through. HAppy holidays...miss you lots.

JEssica